Friday 17 April 2020

Conversion Corner - Good Edition


Recently I brought you the Evil half of a conversion showcase in the hopes of inspiring some of you readers to try out some of your own conversions. Naturally that means that a Good half has exist somewhere to balance things out. You can find the Evil edition here.

So here we go.

Dwarf Shield Bearer


When I wanted to add a Shield Bearer to act as chief bodyguard to my Dwarf King I decided that I wanted him to look similar to his other guards, the Khazad Guard. So I took a Khazad Guard model and carefully turned his two handed axe into a single handed axe and attached a shield taken from another model into his other hand.

Rivendell Swordsman


At one point I managed to amass far more plastic Rivendell elves than I would ever need for a game of SBG (the joy of eBay job lots) so I decided to convert one to be a captain. This was a simple conversion done by reposing the arms of a swordsman to make him stand out from the rest of the monopose elves.

Rangers


When I was building up my Rangers for an old Grey Company force I wanted to make it look as if they were prepared to live in the wilds for weeks at a time so I added some additional packs, rolled blankets and an extra hunting knife. These were mostly done with some fairly simple green stuff sculpting.

Blankets are nice and easy, roll out a rectangle of green stuff, carefully roll it up, squash it slightly where the straps will be and add a few creases with the edge of a sculpting tool to make it look like the straps are holding it in place. The straps are simple thin flattened sausages of green stuff.

Dwarven Banner


This banner bearer was converted from a plastic Dwarf Warrior with two handed axe. The axe was replaced with a spear taken from another model and a piece of plastic rod (probably from another spear shaft) added as a crosspiece. The banner itself was cut from the foil on the top of a coffee jar and glued in place.



Ranger with horse


I've already featured this model on my blog before (see here for the full story behind this model) but as she's my favourite model I felt that she deserved another showing. Based on a scene from the fan-film Born of Hope she was built upon an Eowyn model with some of the armour and the helmet disguised with green stuff and a bow and quiver added from a Rivendell elf. The horse was from Warlord Games and packs, a blanket and extra weapons were added.

No comments:

Post a Comment